The Prime Minister also took questions on government investment in apprencticeships, fuel prices and local government salaries.
The Prime Minister answered questions on:
- Troops in Afghanistan
- Economic policy and recession
- The Leveson Inquiry
- The Culture Secretary and News Corporation
- GDP figures
- Government investment in apprenticeships
- Cuts to public expenditure
- World Malaria Day
- Educational reform and school building projects
- UK exports and international trade
- Fuel prices
- The Olympics
- Local government salaries
- Tax affairs of Mayoral candidates
- Regional pay cuts
- Charity tax
Prime Minister’s Questions is an opportunity for MPs from all parties to question the Prime Minister on any subject, although they usually focus on the key issues of the day.
The half-hour session, which takes place on Wednesdays while Parliament is in session, starts with a routine question from an MP about the Prime Minister’s engagements.
Learn more about Prime Minister’s Questions
- Parliament website (opens in new window)